Tuesday, March 30, 2010

People Stuff, Pt. IV

9.24.10
- This is our last full day in Philly, when we woke up Maddie took us to the zoo to fly in the hot air balloon. Unfortunately the weather was 'hazardous' so we didnt get to go up :/
- Maddie then dropped us off at a record store, I dont remember what I found their this round other than Melt Banana, Mclusky and You and I CDs.
- Once we were done, we went to some other record store. Let me start by saying this, GOLDMINE. About a hundred dollars later I walked out with original pressings of  Clikitat Ikatowi's River of Souls, Ordination of Aaron's Immersion in a 90 mph world, Food Not Bombs Comp(feat: Swing Kids and Indian Summer), Ringfinger's Decimal, Antioch Arrow's The Lady is the cat and In love with jets, I Can't Live Without It comp (feat: Botch, Guyver-One and In/Humanity) LPS, a Kodan Armada/Whats yr damage split 7" and a Inhumanity 7"
- Damn, I'm trying to remember what we did afterwards... I dunno but we went to Brooklyn, New York to see Hop Along.
- If you aren't familiar with Hop Along, do yourself a favor and listen to Francis right now: www.myspace.com/hopalongqueenansleis
- So Francis was playing as a full band again, I guess she does that now and did a back to back set with Nether Friends. I dont remember them too much but they played pretty well. Anyway, Francis played and dedicated a song to us then finished her set with Beyonce's Single Ladies(Put a ring on it)
- After the show we made it just in time to buy a pastry from Food Swings(awesome NY vegan goodness) and bring some back for Francis and Mark.
- We went to a White Castle, I gave into temptation because we dont have those in CA. Then we got pizza for the last time. At this particular pizza parlor, there was a dude who had the Edward Rob Pattinson 'look.' Anyway, Edward was way out of his element(or too belligerently in his element?) stooping over the counter and running around in the kitchen getting  yelled at. Oh Edward.
- The ride home back to Philly did not lack the much needed 90s hits.


(Omar with side burns to die for and me with shorter hair at the zoo in Philly. Photo by Maddie)

9.24.10
This is the day no one wanted to come.  Maddie took us to an Ethiopian restaurant and at this point Im broke as a joke so I get mango juice. We went to the airport and did our routine good-byes. About 6 hrs later, I was on the exact opposite coast. The night before we were at the foot of the Atlantic and now I was sleeping by the Pacific.

Thank you Omar for taking me to the East Coast and fronting the money for the plane ticket I still owe you for. Maddie for being the sweetest of all hearts mainly because Eva is an adorable dog and for letting us stay at your place, drink your booze and drive us around. All the following bands for either housing us, driving us around, playing a show we went to, partying in your house and with us, drink your booze and for being a band: 1994!, Boyfriends, MALEGOAT, Algernon Cadwallader, Hop Along, Spires, Elder, Teenage Cool Kids, Daniel Striped Tiger, Apeshit! and Ed Hoculi.

To all the new people I met along the way whether in a fleeting moment or in a drunken haze or both, I hope we stay friends/keep in touch. In order of appearance. Maddie(PA), Joey(MA), Bean(PA, next time we're in New York fuckin' party with us), Dizzy(NY), Mowgli(KY), Gregory Labold(PA, thanks for talking some sense into me), Raf(PA) Francis and Mark Quinlan(PA), Yosuke, Masa, Jun, Hajime, Kazuke(Japan), dude who was in Street Smart Cyclists and now in Snowing(we need more Smiths/Morrissey talks), Matt=Tank for telling me I have pretty hair(I still do), Matt G.(PA, thanks for the burrito) and lastly EVA!

All you cool cats and dog should write me a letter, that would be a pleasant surprise.

Paul Chacolla
23462 Caminito Lazaro
Laguna Hills, CA 92653

No comments: