Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fort Rodolfo

So at my current residence we try host shows whenever we can. So far we have had two successful shows. In my book, successful is when no cops show up and no drama.

Our first show was last October for Blackbird Raum and Warscroll. Im not well versed witheither of the two but my roommate had set up that show and it was fun. The neighbors weren't notified but they were okay with us having shows as long as we let them know in advance.

Then for New Years Eve I set up a show for Deers!, Burn Idols and Ordstro. Shoot it Up and ghost fucking stories were supposed to play but they/we kinda fell through. Regardless, this show was GOOD TIMES. Show ended perfectly on time and it was nothing but party and wait for the new year.


Soon I'll have photos of the actual shows to put up. As for what else is going on in this house is, I'm slowly compiling some writing that I want to self-publish in a zine I'm starting titled Dancing In Bathroom Stalls. Yes, that is the title of this blog too but I'm going to begin placing writing from the zine up on this page for those who don't get a copy(also, listen to At the Drive In's Ticklish). Another thing I'm doing within the confines of my white walls is trying to run a label/distro called I Rest Easy Records(listen to I rest easy, your ship has sailed by Furnace). Eventualy, I'll put up a post of what I currently have in stock. Lastly, a friend of mine and I are going to try to run a short wave radio station held in my room. We'll spin some records and talk about whatever we have on our minds. Hopefully, we'll be able to broadcast live shows and also have acoustic acts play in my room as features here and there.

Yea, this is pretty much what I have going on in here. I suppose I should post some rules for when we have shows at Fort Rodolfo:
- Shows will never be more than $5
- No smoking in the garage
- Refrigerator is OFF LIMITS, seriously don't eat/drink my and my roommates food. We don't do that when we go to your house.
- Show respect to your show attending comrades.
- No drama.

I should probably add 'Have Fun' as a rule but ehh, just come over and have a good time and keep your ears to the ground on the projects happening in this house.

Fort Rodolfo
23462 Caminito Lazaro
Laguna Hills, CA 92653

No comments: